We are open and available virtually to still tend to all your legal needs during the Coronavirus lockdown. Call or contact our office to learn more about scheduling a virtual session with one of our attorneys today.
Hanshaw Kennedy, LLP’s team of experienced healthcare attorneys are ready to fight for your healthcare practice or company, whether you are in the midst of a dispute, seeking to avoid trouble down the road, or simply preparing for a regulator’s phone call. Our attorneys have extensive experience fighting for healthcare systems, hospitals, physician groups, and individual physicians, whether in disputes with competitors, vendors, former employees, or regulators. We have helped our diverse clientele defend their practices and save millions by keeping them out of trouble and winning tough fights. Hanshaw Kennedy can help you navigate the complex regulatory landscape, adopt best policies, practices, and procedures in your office, and win bet-the-practice litigation.
Our areas of expertise include:
- HIPAA compliance
- Home health care litigation
- Stark Law and anti-kickback laws
- Enforcement of non-competition agreements on behalf of healthcare groups
- Defense of non-competition litigation on behalf of physicians on the move
- Healthcare industry-specific contract drafting, review, and negotiation
- Litigation concerning healthcare industry-specific contracts and agreements
- Development, updating and review of compliance programs, policies and procedures, and protocols in medical offices
- Representation before state and federal regulators
- Day-to-day counsel concerning:
- Subpoenas from law enforcement or private parties for patient records
- Patient complaints
- Board complaints
- Termination of employees
- Contract review
- Policies and procedures
Our notable recent representations include:
- Won death-penalty sanctions in the form of a full judgment and attorney’s fees for a home health care company victimized by a purchaser that failed to abide by the terms of the purchase and then proceeded to liquidate the company’s assets. The sanction penalty was the largest on record in Collin County.
- Representation of a home healthcare company in a multi-million dollar dispute concerning an asset purchase agreement executed with a competitor.
- Won a judgment on behalf of a healthcare staffing company in a multi-million dollar dispute with a hospital chain that spanned multiple states.
- Ongoing day-to-day representation and advice to countless North Texas medical, dental, psychological, and pediatric physician groups, saving them millions in regulatory penalties, litigation losses, and countless other risks to any physician practicing today.
- Development, updating, and review of office policies, procedures, and protocols for HIPAA covered entities, business associates, and physician groups of all sizes and types.
- Successful enforcement of a non-competition agreement on behalf of a dental practice to prevent a dentist employee from starting a competing practice down the street.
- Successful negotiation and settlement of a non-competition dispute on behalf of a physician seeking to join a new medical practice after a lay off.
- Representation of a counselor before the Texas State Board of Counselors concerning a patient complaint.